If you focus on lawn mower reviews, you should be able to make a sound decision on what type of lawn mower may work for you. Actually, you will find that there are 3 categories under Lawn Mower and Tractors. The first category is the WALK-BEHIND lawn mowers. The second category is the TOW-BEHIND lawn mowers, which you will need to hook up to a lawn tractor and the last one is RIDING LAWN MOWERS AND TRACTORS. If your still wondering if a top rated zero turn mower might better fit your needs than Stop here, read this and come back after.
So which one is it that you need? Let’s discuss each, and hopefully you’ll have a better idea which will best fit your needs.
Walk-Behind Lawn Mowers
The #1 selling walk behind mower is this dependable, reliable mean Green machine. Reduce your carbon footprint by using this 12 amp emission free mower.
The GreenWorks 25022 5-star , 3 in 1 electric mower will surely fit all your cutting needs.
The one drawback of this mower that may turn you away is it’s inability to cut without plugging it in. You have to pay the price for cordless so many would rather pay less and deal with extension cords. Me personally, I think not, but it is definitely a matter of personal preference.
Why is the GreenWorks 25022 the #1, as per lawn mower reviews ?
- It is a 12 amp corded mower with 20 inch cutting width capacity. With that motor power, it can easily cut tall and thick grass with no hassle. The blades are 20 inches and made of heavy-duty steel; quick and precise cutting.
- 100% environmentally friendly
- It has a 3 in 1 grass clipping option: it can be bagged at the rear, it can be discharged at the side and it can be mulched.
- It possesses a 7-cutting height range from 1 ½ to 3 ¾ inches of grass.
- The two wheels in front measure 7 inches and 10 inches for the back wheels which make the unit, according to lawn mower reviews, very easy to operate even on a bumpy landscape.
- It can be conveniently stored since the handle can be folded, storage space is not an issue.
Tow-Behind Lawn Mower
Speaking about tow-behind lawn mowers, the Swisher FC10544BS is the #1 bestselling mower of the category.
It scored 5 out of 5 stars.
All buyers of this unit gave their thumbs up when it came to recommending the Swisher FC10544BS to their friends and family. One 5-star reviewer said that this lawn mower can effortlessly cut tall weeds and small brush with ease. It was also explicitly listed that this particular model is user-friendly even on hard to reach areas. It may look bulky but it is actually light weight for a tow-behind lawn mower and built to last.
Why the Swisher FC10544BS is #1 in the tow-behind category:
- It is compatible with an ATV or UTV and is low profiled – you can use it on low surfaces or under branches and the likes.
- Its engine is made of a 10.5 HP Briggs and Stratton. This is the ultimate machine when it comes to lawn mowing. Exceptional power, according to lawn mower reviews.
- It has a cutting deck of 44 inches; the 1/8 inch deck is made of long-lasting steel. There are two blades that handle the cutting of up to 6 inches. The cutting height adjustment is handy and with choices between 1.5 inches to 4.5 inches of grass.
- It has a bumper roller system – avoids injuring trees and shrubs.
- Uneven sloping is not a problem up to 15 degrees. You can also reach under low hanging trees without difficulty. If you have large amounts of land to mow, it is not at all an issue with this machine. (6 acres is a breeze!)
Riding Lawn Mowers and Tractors
This machine is among the top in the riding lawn mowers and tractors category.
Husqvarna machines have a reputation owners stand bye. They build quality equipment that is built to last with quality parts and craftsmanship. They are known for a wide range of landscaping tools.
Why the Husqvarna LGT2654 is on top of other riding lawn mowers in this category:
- The sliding seat at the back is high and can be adjusted accordingly. It is also ergonomic in material (easy to go on and off) and very comfortable while riding.
- It has a wash port and you can easily clean under the mower’s deck.
- It has a cutting width of 54 inches with a Kohler engine at 26 horse power.
- It is CARB compliant (California Air Resource Board) meaning they check machines to see if they are non-air polluting, and if no air emitting toxic pollutants and if they continue to perform without environmental issues. Something that’s rarely seen in other lawn mower reviews.
- It has cruise control which means that the speed is maintained at any terrain and has a easy to see fuel gauge.
- The front axle is made of cast iron for stability, and just like any car, it has a bumper.
- Wheels are equipped with anti-scalp maneuverability even on uneven surfaces, to keep your lawn looking sweet.
These are three of the best lawn mowers out in the market. These models can be considered the best of the best because according to lawn mower reviews, they are on top when it came to performance. Only you can determine which machine will fit your cutting needs. A walk-behind? A tow-behind? Or a riding ? If your still stuck take a look at more great lawn mower reviews.