Getting the look of a professionally cut lawn can be more easily accomplished with the right mowing equipment. In your search for the best riding mower you will find many manufacturers that offer different types and sizes. Reading the following riding mower reviews will help prepare you to confidently make the right choice.
It’s important to remember that riding mowers can be used for much more than just mowing your lawn. Things like aerators, plows, de-thatchers and trailers can all be extras. Do your homework, compare machines and learn which one best does what you need.Don’t waste money by purchasing a riding mower with features or extras they will never use.
Looking for the best price although is a good practice, shouldn’t be the final decision maker. Although buying the cheapest riding lawn mower up front, may prove to be more expensive in the long run after dishing out money for costly repairs. Purchasing a quality long lasting mower in the price range that fits your budget is usually the way to go.
Riding Mower Sizes
Another thing to consider when buying is the cutting width. An average size is anywhere from 36 – 42 inches for most home riding mowers.
- 2+ Acre = 48+ inches cutting deck
- 1-2 Acre = 42 – 46 inch cutting deck
- 1 Acre = 36 – 42 inch cutting deck
The bigger the area the bigger the cutting width. Equally important to sizing up your lawn is checking the size of other areas on your property. Places like gate or entrance widths, or between trees and flower beds. There’s nothing worse than getting your new riding lawn mower home to find out in can’t even fit through your backyard gate.
We have put together a few of the top ride-on mower reviews to hopefully make your life easier. The right thing to do here is to buy the best riding lawn that will fill all your cutting needs. Most of all look at the reviews and benefits of each product and make an educated decision, not based on price alone.To read reviews on a more specialized high end mower check out this guide on zero turn mowers.
Best Riding Lawn Mower Reviews
Husqvarna YTH22V46 22
This mower also ranks in the top 10 among tens of thousands of products under the lawn and garden category. This is an impressive number therefore it only means that the service it provides is Grade A, consequesntly buyers are very satisfied with this mower. It’s a machine with a name (Husqvarna) that I and many other professionals would stand behind. Furthermore they are probably most well known for their chainsaws but they also make other types of quality equipment.
Owners like the Husqvarna YTH22V46 22 because of the following features:
- Briggs & Stratton engine at 22 horse power
- Fuel type: gasoline
- Hydro-static transmission
- max speed at 5 miles per hour even in rough terrain
- Blade engagement is manual and easy to operate.
- Cutting height is easily adjustable
- It is compact at 69 inches in length and easily accessible
- It can be customized with lots of accessories to choose from.
For those of you who are looking to go green, or help the environment this may be the best choice. This is another popular machine by Troy-Built, especially with its latest updates. First of all lets discuss why they are now highly preferred by customers. It will be safe to assume that this can be one of the most environmentally friendly and also simplest to use riding lawnmowers out in the market.
This machines simplicity makes it great for newbies, the elderly and also those who are not mechanically inclined. You might be thinking a 30-inch riding mower won’t do the job or why not just use a walk behind? This little gem is perfect for those who have problems pushing a mower around therefore might just be the perfect solution. Great for smaller wide open properties
What is there to like about the Troy-Bilt 420cc ?
- This smaller than average sized mower is ideal for standard land owners with a small-medium sized lawn and relatively flat terrain.
- Powerful 420cc Single Troy-Bilt Engine with speeds of 4.25 MPH and 6-speed transmission
- Fast and easy blade engagement with manual power take off
- The 30-Inch cutting deck with 5 adjustable settings
- 18-Inch turning radius with 13 inch front wheels and 16 inch rear wheels
This is Poulan’s new baby and they have been pushing it as one of their best riding lawn mowers to date. Poulan is known to produce quality lawnmowers over the years. With some of their previous models, they have always been true to their word when it comes to work quality and performance. Poulan is also known to make some lower end equipment but I can assure you this isn’t one of them.
Why buy the Poulan Pro 960420173 riding mower?
- This riding lawn mower is powered by Kohler
- Has a 24 hp engine
- There is a 4 gallon fuel capacity which uses gasoline
- 54 inch cutting width
- Methods of cutting include collect, mulch and side eject
- It can cut ranging from 1.5 inches to 4 inches
- Wheel size in front is 16×6-8 inches while rear tire sire is 24×12-12 inches – all of which are anti-scalp
- This top riding lawn mower has a 3 years limited warranty on parts and labor; 5 years limited warranty on the chassis and axle and 10 year limited warranty on the deck.
- Accessories available: Tow Dethatcher for removing thatch (turf grass on high maintenance lawns), Spike aerator for making holes on the ground (for fertilizers, water and air to penetrate), Tow behind spreader (for all sorts – seeding, weeding and more) and Poly roller (great for leveling your lawn)
Last on the list of best riding lawn mowers is the Husqvarna YTH2042. It is loaded with great features that ensure top performance. With its powerhouse Intek Series Briggs & Stratton 540 cubic cm engine you can be sure this machine will get the job done with ease. With the tuff Torq hydrostatic transmission, this engine provides enough power to top it out at a speed of 5.2 mph, also a top reverse speed of 2.9 mph. The convenient cruise control feature allows you to set desired speeds therefore focus on giving your lawn a professional cut. Lastly another benefit of the cruise control is the ability to cut the at the same speed on uneven or sloping ground.
More great features of the Husqvarna YTH2042
- 42 inch cutting deck is perfect for areas 1-3 acres
- Easy to control Hydrostatic transmission allows for smooth forward and reverse transitioning
- Improved cutting performance with Air Induction
- 1.5-4 inch cutting height with six different height increments
- Deck wash port allows for easy access to rinse underside of mower
- 2 year warranty
These are some of the best riding lawn mowers that you can buy online. These mowers are made by some of the top trustworthy companies with consequently years of experience in the field. As a result the parts of these products are high performing and will surely prove to be reliable and dependable.
Consumers have exclaimed their satisfaction while using these lawn mowers, therefore you can read many of them by clicking on the links for each mower. Lastly if you are unsure if a riding mower is best for you than you can also check out this article and more reviews on the Best Push Mowers.